new layout

Monday, December 12, 2011

Me and You and Something Blue

I want the words to flow here today and break the absence of what used to be.
It had been so long since our last kiss and then I hear the familiar ring of your normal tone.
Everything about you is my normal, but then I remember that those were the days of my youth.
I tell a funny joke to tickle the fat elephant's trunk who awkwardly waits inside. Why does he invade the present with no disregard to our past?
Slowly we break into character and our always ignites and there is nothing in all of creation except for me and you.
Slowly, slowly.
The laughter is so free and the talk is so funny.
Then something inside of me remembers that this is just pretend. No more are we those people who hold hands just because our fingers fit together so nicely.
My jokes run dry and the conversation brings remorse. Accusations ring in my head like a operator's telephone.
Then there was me and then then there was you. Apart. Never to be reconciled.

No comments:

Post a Comment